Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cute Lil' Pumpkin

Hey Everybody!

It's the 1st Tuesday and you know what that means (if you don't I'm gonna tell ya)--It's time for a new challenge at Technique Time Tuesday!  Yay!!

The technique is called Faux Cloisonne.  Now I will be honest-I had to look up Cloisonne.

Dictionary.com explains it like this: as an enamelwork in which colored areas are separated by thing metal bands fixed edgewise to the ground.

So you used metallic embossing powder on glossy paper (I used magazine pages).  How cool is that?!

So this is the top of my pumpkin.  I used the Faux Cloisonne on the leaves.  There are 4 leaves total.  The big leaves are from Sparkle N Sprinkle and the two maples leaves are from Michaels.


The leaves are flowers are on top of a pumpkin I made.  Graphic 45 had a tutorial and you can go here to see it.  There are 2 more cool pumpkin tutorials on there also.


I put some Dazzles acorn stickers on one of the panels.  The pumpkin paper is from My Minds Eye.


The flowers and bling hearts are some old Prima flowers that I had.  I inked them up a little.


And the coolest things beside being cute and having cool leaves...it holds treats!  How cool is that!!


I am also submitting this cute lil' pumpkin to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamps-Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by today!  Until next time friends...I can't wait to see what you make.  And if you make a pumpkin-leave me a comment so I can see it.  And if you make something with the faux cloisonne be sure to link it up! :)

6 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Super cute pumpkin!! Makes a "sweet" treat holder!! Love it!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Mynn xx said...

Katy, this is genius! LOVE the idea of making a giftable! And this one is just darling! AND THERE'S CHOCOLATE!!! ;) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

Jenny Marples said...

This is so incredibly inventive Katy and what a surprise inside! Jenny x

Unknown said...

Katy your pumpkin is such a great idea and those leaves are gorgeous! Who wouldn't love a pumpkin holding candy? :D
Hugs
Ellen

stressfreestamping said...

Cute idea to make it a treat holder, Katy! I love the gold embossing on your leaves. Cute pumpkin!

Karen said...

Fun project Katie...love it. Great leave show casing the faux Cloisonné technique and best of all...love the candy treat hidden inside the little pumpkin.